- All events must be catered through URI Catering unless the total food bill is less than $100.00.
- A minimum of one week's notice is required for
- Payment is expected in full prior to your event.
This is payable by cash, check, or approved college
- CANCELLATION POLICY~ In the event your
program is cancelled, please call the catering office
within 24 hours of the function. If notice of cancellation
is not received, you will be responsible for 100%
of the bill. You can also visit the Catering Office
located at the corner of Plains and Flagg Road.
- URI Catering has first rights of refusal for external caterers. If an outside caterer is permitted by URI Catering via a catering waiver, it must meet the insurance standards established by the University of Rhode Island. Food vendors must provide a “Certificate of Insurance” and endorsement thereof along with a copy of their food handling certification on an event-by-event basis. It is the responsibility of the organization for which that vendor will be doing business to obtain the required certifications and forward it to Cynthia A. Stanton in the the Department of Safety and Risk Management within a timely fashion. No food vendor will be allowed to do business on University property without proof of insurance and proof of food handling certification. Failure to provide proof of insurance and proof of food handling certification prior to the event will result in the vendor being barred from doing business for that event.
The “Certificate of Insurance” shall confirm that the vendors have sufficient products liability and general liability insurance coverage in place for the event for which they are on campus. The University of Rhode Island should be named as an additional insured; specifically, the wording on the “Certificate” shall be as follows: “The University of Rhode Island, Board of Governors for Higher Education, and the State of Rhode Island.”